REMEMBER, BUTTERBALL TURKEY IS NOT AFFILIATED w/ GRANDPA's BUTTERBALL
FARMS
BUTTER,
APART from the
fact that grandpa sold the name “butterball” many years ago
to the
turkey
company (as an
aside, grandpa dabbled in the meat business as well,
& always hosted
big
thanksgiving meals
at
the butterball
mansion
:



Tuesday, November 18, 2014

https://www.scribd.com/doc/29456154/Grandpas-Mansion-for-Sale


above: this is the ONLY photo I could find of the Kok-Peters et al having a BIG THANKSGIVING DINNER @ the BUTTERBALL MANSION in Grand Rapids, MI. .On the left you see my step-grandmother, Nancy, ...she appears to be interacting with my younger brother Steven, who was still a toddler at the time (mid-70's), and you see my mom, Linda to the right of Steve, and that may be  me in the dark blue shirt to the right of my mom. I may have been about ten years old at the time.This was a typical thanksgiving dinner at Grandpa's house...he always cooked a big turkey as well as prime-rib and we enjoyed his fancy butter and all the fixings at the big table...while grandpa & my dad (a Christian pastor) had theological conversation most of the time...and sometimes my sister, Julie, & my half-uncle Mark would get in an argument...while I played with my half-aunt Teri (same age as me)...and we ran around the mansion after dinner...searching all the little nooks & crannies of the huge house.
above: there must be a color version of this somewhere...but I could only find the black-&-white...must have been late 70's at the Butterball Mansion...a larger gathering including some of the cousins & aunts/uncles from out-of-town...(vangenderens, spees, kammingas, barb, et al), most of BOTH the Peters I & II families, posing by the beautiful spiral staircase, back  when we were still in relative harmony with each other...before the "big split" of sorts...

also see


1/5/10

"Butterball Mansion property in East Grand Rapids will be split in two for sale"

 http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2010/01/butterball_mansion_property_in.html 

also 
http://www.mlive.com/grpress/business/index.ssf/2008/10/sonia_speakman_bids_goodbye_af.html